Arena Eventing & Eventers Challenge with the NSEA
Exciting cross country action within an arena.
Would you like to compete for your school at Eventing competitions across the country?
The NSEA has two styles of eventing competitions based within an arena:
A) Arena Eventing (also known as Jumping with Style) This technical competition format has four components
1) a riding style mark, 2) SJ jumping penalties, 3) XC jumping penalties, 4) time penalties
Some of our Pony & Junior GB eventing medallists and top show jumpers have had great success in this event in their former years.
B) Eventer’s Challenge– Show jumping & Arena XC fences with an optimum time & no style marks. The skill is to jump a clear round within an optimum time. The NSEA Eventers Challenge Championships take place on the world famous hallowed turf at the All England Jumping Course, Hickstead. This competition is rapidly growing in popularity and some competitions include water complexes, steps, ditches etc.
What to wear
- XC shirt, or sweatshirt ( no hoods) long sleeved. These can be school sweatshirts or games shirts or skins (ie rugby or hockey tops)
- Approved Body Protector,
- Approved XC Skull Cap,
- Beige breeches/ jodhpurs, Boots – either long or short with leather chaps(black or dark brown),
- Hairnets. Note – hair must be tied up above collar length
Arena Eventing with the NSEA
- NSEA Arena Eventing (JwS) team & individual qualifiers for the annual NSEA National Championships at Addington 70cm-1.10m in October.
- Qualifiers are held throughout the country and start in January each year
- Eventers Challenge Team & Individual qualifiers for the NSEA Eventers Challenge Championships at Hickstead 70cm-1m in May.
- Qualifiers start in the autumn term for the following year and are held throughout the country.
For all Arena Eventing and Eventers Challenge Competitions, go to the NSEA Competition Dates Page
Go to the Membership page to affiliate your school today and join in the fun!