NSEA Membership Application
Complete the form below to become a new member of the NSEA
We're thrilled you've decided to join the NSEA family.
Before you get started please take some time to read our ‘How to setup your team‘ page and confirm you’re prepared with all the necessary information by looking over our Pre-application Checklist
- You have your school's name and address
- You have permission from your school's head teacher
- You have your head teacher's name and email address
- You have at least one confirmed rider who wants to ride in NSEA competitions.
- You have sought and received data collection consent from each rider's parent(s).
- You know the rider name, date of birth and horse's competition name of each rider you wish to add.
- You are going to be your school's Team Manager (you can assign Assistants to help you once your account is active).
New Members Only
Please enter your card details belowPay & Complete Process
NSEA Membership Pricing Explained
Please see below for our current pricing. The cost per rider works on a sliding scale. The more riders you add the lower the cost per rider.
NSEA Terms and Conditions
- Subscriptions from 1st September to 31st August of the following year inclusive.
- Membership fees include the cost of annual membership, insurance cover, team manager and members badges. If badges are lost during the current membership year, replacement badges are available at a cost of £6 each.
- All riders must be registered with the NSEA before they compete for their school. Spot checks will be carried out at events throughout the year. Any school found to be running unaffiliated riders will be eliminated from the competition and any championship qualifications will be forfeited.
- Once a rider has been named as a member of the riding squad and a membership number has been given, they cannot be swapped for another, within the same academic year.
- You agree to the NSEA’s storage of your Member School, Team Manager and Team Assistant(s) and individual Riders’ information for the purposes of administering the services offered by the NSEA.
- For further information visit the NSEA Rules page to download the NSEA General Rules.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, postal address, email address and telephone number);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you;
- collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from our payment processor (PayPal) will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for the information collected on this website is NSEA.
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers/payment service providers may also send you cookies.
Our advertising service providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Cookies on this website are used for:
- Analytical/performance purposes – this allows us to recognise and calculate the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate around the website when they are using it. Therefore helping us improve the way our website functionality for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality purposes – to help us recognise you when you return to our website. This allows us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences and settings (e.g. your choice of language or region).
- Social sharing purposes – this allows you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.