Please see the link to the KBIS bursary for 2019
KBIS are delighted to announce a fantastic opportunity for NSEA members to gain an insight into what it would be like to be a sponsored rider, with the chance to win a £500 training bursary.
The bursary competition will be split into the age categories; 13 years and under and 14 years and over, a winner will be chosen from each category.
The KBIS Training Bursary winners will each receive:
- £500 to go towards lessons with an accredited trainer of their choice
- A lesson with a KBIS sponsored rider.
- Branded clothing for themselves and their horse/pony, including a jacket, rug and saddlecloth.
What we are looking for
We are not necessarily looking for the best rider but someone who shows that they are:
- Keen to learn and progress in their chosen discipline.
- Focused on their goals for the year ahead.
- Committed to working with their trainer and others to achieve their very best.
The winners must also be prepared to provide KBIS with monthly blogs, including photos and videos where possible, of their progress and what they have been up to, for use on the KBIS website and social media channels (facebook, instagram and twitter.)
To view Lexi’s and Pippa’s blogs please click here.
How to Enter
Entrants must submit a video no longer than 3 minutes which showcases their riding, and must include the following:
– Yourself riding your horse or pony in your chosen discipline. It can be at a show, event or schooling at home.
– If you choose to speak on your video then you should include the following information:
- Your age (please do not include your full name or school in your video, you are asked for these details in the entry form below)
- Your horse’s name and age
- Your past achievements (it doesn’t have to be a win just a moment you were particularly proud of)
- Your aims for 2019 and how you would use the training bursary.
Alternatively, you can complete this information on the form below.
Once you are happy with your video, upload it to YouTube and enter the link below.
Entries open at midday on Friday 22nd February 2019 and will close at midday on Friday 17th May 2019.
Entries submitted after this date will not be accepted.
Entries will only be accepted via the official entry form below.
Before submitting your entry please ensure that you have permission from a parent, guardian, team trainer or head teacher. You will be required to state their name on the entry form below.
Please remember your video should be no longer than 3 minutes.
What happens next?
A panel of judges will select a shortlist of 5 finalists by Friday 31st May. The 5 finalists will be required to submit to KBIS a blog about what they have done with their horse or pony over the last month, similar to what you would write in your monthly blogs if you are chosen as one of the winners. Finalists will also be required to submit a short written piece about the importance of equine insurance. Both the blog and the written piece about the importance of insurance must be submitted by midday on Friday 14th June. The final winner will be announced on Friday 21st June.